Conditions & Treatment
Our cardiac surgeons at the University of Virginia provide exceptional care for the full spectrum of diseases involving the heart and aorta and its branches. Patients with conditions that our surgeons treat include, but are not limited to:
- Mitral Valve Repair
- Aortic Valve Disease
- Aortic Aneurysms & Aortic Dissections
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Tricuspid & Pulmonary Valve Surgery
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Re-Operative Heart Surgery Procedures
- Off-Pump Heart Bypass Procedures
- Percutaneous Mitral Valve Repair Procedures
- Tumors of the Heart & Heart Valves
We have considerable expertise in the management of patients with any one of the above diseases who are initially considered to be inoperable or too high risk for a cardiac surgical procedure. Many of our patients are referred to UVA for a second opinion and we welcome these consults.
At the Division of Thoracic & Cardiovascular Surgery we know that experience matters. Regardless of what your heart condition is our surgeons have experience in managing and treating it with the most up-to-date technologic advances.